Taxes are now due on July 15th, and there’s still time to pay your taxes with cash using PayNearMe at any participating 7-Eleven, Casey’s General Store and ACE Cash Express stores. To find the nearest location, visit our PayNearMe approved retailer locator.
Since it generally takes five to seven business days for payments to be processed, the IRS recommends that you plan ahead of the revised due date so that your payment arrives on time.
So, here’s what to do:
- Go to the Official IRS Payments site and follow the instructions to make a cash payment with PayNearMe.
- You’ll receive an email from Official Payments confirming your information. The IRS will then verify your information. This process may take two to three days.
- After the IRS verifies your information, PayNearMe will then send you an email with a link to your payment barcode and instructions. Either print the payment barcode at home or send it to your smartphone via text or email.
Making your cash payment is easy:
To make your payment, go to any participating retail store and ask the cashier to scan your payment barcode. Give the cashier your cash payment, and take your receipt. This receipt is confirmation of your payment, so keep it for your records. It usually takes two business days for your payment to post to your account.
Other things to know:
- Fees: This PayNearMe cash payment option is $3.99 per payment.
- Timing: It usually takes two business days for your payment to post to your account, so plan ahead and pay at least a week before the April 15 tax deadline.
- Payment limit: Up to $1,000 per day.
- Locations: This cash option is available at participating 7-Eleven, Casey’s General Store and ACE Cash Express locations in 44 states. Visit our approved locations map to find a location near you.
- Barcode Expiration: Your personalized barcode expires in 7 days from issue. To request a new barcode, visit the Official IRS Payments site and repeat the process.
- Avoid Scams: You will only receive an email from OfficialPayments.com or PayNearMe if they have initiated the payment process. Report all unsolicited email claiming to be from the IRS or an IRS-related function to email@example.com.
- Issue Resolution: Contact PayNearMe customer service at (888) 714-0004 if you have challenges making your payment.
We hope that you’ll find paying your taxes with PayNearMe easy and convenient. To learn more about PayNearMe, visit paynearme.com/customerhelp/.