PayNearMe, a service of Handle Financial, is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
PayNearMe is a small, diverse, and tight-knit company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe is a Silicon Valley technology company that’s in growth mode and looking to add an Cloud Application Engineer to our team reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer.
Who You Are:
You are an AWS Developer responsible for building and enhancing our transaction monitoring systems.
You’re a person that thinks in terms of building with AWS services as the foundational blocks. You like architecting for scale. You like writing code too. You are happiest when you are letting AWS do what AWS does best, freeing you to apply your domain knowledge to build cool stuff.
What You’ll Do:
We are capturing an extraordinary amount of telemetry through Kinesis pipes. Your role is to build systems that tap the pipes, monitor for anomalies, and control the environment based on the results…all in real time.
You will be programming AWS to build the nerve center for our company.
These systems consist of lambdas, gateways, Kinesis Analytics applications, and purpose-built databases. All of this ties into sophisticated tools for pattern matching.
The stuff you build is event-driven. It’s part lambdas, part gateways, part workflow, part data science. We need to be extraordinarily reliable. Your systems help keep us that way.
We run a regulated payment network, so you’re playing in the big league.
You’ll be working with some of the best people in FinTech. FinTech is about being agile and innovative, but also about being fundamentally reliable. Those objectives are in constant tension and it’s your mission to see that they are met.
- Build out our event-driven analytics system
- Write and test control systems that respond to system anomalies
- Assist domain experts in building behavioral models across areas of infosec, risk, systems administration
- Be innately curious about how systems fail, so that you keep us reliable!
- 5 or more years developing AWS-native systems
- Examples include Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudTrail, KMS
- Understanding of IAM
- Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM)
- Thorough understanding of work-flow and event-driven systems
- Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch or Elastic Search
- Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Ruby or Python is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
Perks & Benefits:
- Location: Flexible (remote working opportunity available)
- Company-paid health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Stock options package
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and inclusion
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental bonding leave
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT: APPLICANT NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: December 23, 2019
PayNearMe MT, Inc. and Handle Financial, Inc. (collectively, the “Company”) are providing you with this Notice (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects and maintains about applicants; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with, a natural person that the Company may collect in connection with screening applicants for job openings at the Company.
- Identifiers and Professional or Employment-Related Information. The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, which may include some or all the following: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, language skills, and current and past employment history. The Company collects this Personal Information to evaluate previous job performance and consider applicants for positions, to develop a talent pool and plan for succession, to conduct applicant surveys, to maintain an internal applicant directory and for purposes of identification, to promote the Company as a place to work, and for workforce reporting and data analytics/trend analysis.
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). The Company may collect categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e), other than those already listed above, (a) to the extent necessary to comply with the Company’s legal obligations, such as to accommodate disabilities; (b) to conduct a direct threat analysis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law; (c) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; and (d) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law. The Company may collect information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. The Company collects this Personal Information for purposes including: to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation. The Company also collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Education Information. The Company collects education information such as resumes and graduation records. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine suitability for roles, to determine eligibility for training courses, and to assist with professional licensing.
- Profile Data. The Company may collect profile data, including the following: psychological assessments, behavior analyses, or other profiling of its applicants. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine aptitude for certain positions and job assignments as well.
- Background Screening Information. In the event that an applicant is given a formal job offer, the Company collects background screening information prior to hiring, including results of the following types of background screening: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history; employment history; drug testing; and educational history. The Company collects this Personal Information to screen for risks to the Company and its clients, and continued suitability for their jobs and to evaluate applicants for promotions.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please let us know if you need assistance.