PayNearMe, a service of Handle Financial, is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
PayNearMe is a small, diverse, and collaborative company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe is a Silicon Valley technology company that is in growth mode, looking to add a dynamic Director of Sales Engineering to the team! This position will interact significantly with the Merchant Processing Team and will be reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Partners with Sales Executives and Account Management to understand potential business opportunities with customers and prospects
- Researches and understands prospects’ strategic initiatives and identifies potential solutions for the prospect’s organization
- Serves as the sales team’s subject matter expert on PayNearMe technology platform and services model in both internal and customer-facing aspects
- Develops and provides demos of PayNearMe’s platform for prospects and customers
- Prepares technical presentations to explain PNM’s products and/or services to customers
- Proposes and scopes transformative solutions to merchant’s payment experience
- Collaborates with the marketing and product teams to guide key functionality and benefits into core business value messages
- Assists in developing content and steering product roadmap
- Solicits and records client feedback, evaluating the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers
- Provides feedback to the PNM team regarding market trends
- Trains members of the sales team on the technical aspects of company’s products and services
- Achieves sales goals and quotas on quarterly and annual basis
- Works with Sales Executives to create relationships with contacts in technical and operational roles, building credibility with all decision makers
- Identifies and communicates opportunities for operational ROI that PayNearMe can bring
- Works closely with the onboarding team to kick off new implementations and ensures all relevant solution design is documented and complete
- Assists sales team with answering RFP technical questions
- Works with Business Development Sales Team to document product gaps during sales process and communicates gaps to PNM Product and Engineering prior to finalizing contracts
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of successful sales or solutions engineering experience (or combination of 5+ years of sales/solutions engineering with additional product, implementation, or support experience)
- 5+ years in payment processing, business process outsourcing or bill payment industry services
- 3+ years of team building or management experience
- Excellent communication (written, oral) and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and driven, able to manage multiple priorities at any given time
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Emotional intelligence, ability to build new relationships with ease
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred
Travel: 40%+ Anticipated
Great compensation package plus extensive benefits, including:
- A relaxed and professional working culture
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock options package
- Team outings and events when permitted
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive. Our core values represent who we are today and we take pride in the way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
We’re in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent, and flexible.
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT: APPLICANT NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: December 23, 2019
PayNearMe MT, Inc. and Handle Financial, Inc. (collectively, the “Company”) are providing you with this Notice (“Notice”) to inform you about:
1. the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects and maintains about applicants; and
2. the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with, a natural person that the Company may collect in connection with screening applicants for job openings at the Company.
- Identifiers and Professional or Employment-Related Information. The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, which may include some or all the following: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, language skills, and current and past employment history. The Company collects this Personal Information to evaluate previous job performance and consider applicants for positions, to develop a talent pool and plan for succession, to conduct applicant surveys, to maintain an internal applicant directory and for purposes of identification, to promote the Company as a place to work, and for workforce reporting and data analytics/trend analysis.
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). The Company may collect categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e), other than those already listed above, (a) to the extent necessary to comply with the Company’s legal obligations, such as to accommodate disabilities; (b) to conduct a direct threat analysis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law; (c) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; and (d) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law. The Company may collect information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. The Company collects this Personal Information for purposes including: to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation. The Company also collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Education Information. The Company collects education information such as resumes and graduation records. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine suitability for roles, to determine eligibility for training courses, and to assist with professional licensing.
- Profile Data. The Company may collect profile data, including the following: psychological assessments, behavior analyses, or other profiling of its applicants. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine aptitude for certain positions and job assignments as well.
Background Screening Information. In the event that an applicant is given a formal job offer, the Company collects background screening information prior to hiring, including results of the following types of background screening: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history; employment history; drug testing; and educational history. The Company collects this Personal Information to screen for risks to the Company and its clients, and continued suitability for their jobs and to evaluate applicants for promotions.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please let us know if you need assistance.