PayNearMe, a service of Handle Financial, is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
PayNearMe is a small, diverse, and collaborative company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe is an innovative technology company headquartered in Silicon Valley with our employees distributed across the US. We’re in growth mode and looking to add a dynamic Marketing & Event Coordinator, reporting to the VP of Marketing.
Who you are:
You are an experienced marketing & events coordinator/specialist that thrives in fast-paced environments, bringing an enthusiastic, action-oriented, and results-driven personality to our team. You are an ambitious self-starter, with a strong work ethic, a curious nature, and demonstrated success in past roles. You are comfortable working independently as part of a fully remote team, reporting to the VP, Marketing and working alongside both internal stakeholders and external contractors.
You have a creative flair and success in planning, overseeing and executing the operations, staff and activities of successful events in both virtual and in-person environments. You have experience in B2B marketing, and preferably in the technology, finance or software industry.
What you’ll do:
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting demand gen programs with a focus on the company’s event and tradeshow strategy. You will work closely with the marketing and sales teams to create and execute event experiences that attract and engage our prospects, clients and partners. You will also have the opportunity to work on various marketing programs that drive awareness and pipeline growth for the organization
The impact you’ll have:
- Create and manage project plans for various marketing and event activities
- Coordinate events, meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and organizing requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; managing mailing lists to ensure event success
- Work closely with Marketing Managers to develop and execute the overall tradeshow and event strategy, including pre, during and post event activities to drive maximum ROI
- Own the post-event process, completing debrief meetings and preparing event reports for delivery to management and marketing operations
- Negotiate and secure exhibit contracts, sponsorships and meeting space
- Support the sales team by planning and executing regional mailings and meetings
- Manage various third-party vendors, including exhibit warehouse, booth design and promotional item vendors
- Manage corporate memberships, and regularly look for creative ways to leverage for lift to awareness and demand gen programs
- Work with business partners to plan and execute joint marketing events including dinners, entertainment and on-site meetings
- Manage and maintain various planning documents, including event calendars, event reports and other key documents vital to team success.
- Own the contracting process, ensuring all contracts are onboarded, reviewed and signed in accordance with company policy and procedures
- Support the demand gen and sales teams with various marketing initiatives, including but not limited to email programs, social media, direct mailings, research and list development
- Coordinate various internal meetings
- Creative & innovative thinker
- Organized, punctual and deadline-oriented
- Technically savvy
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly detail oriented with superb organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- 3-5 years or equivalent related experience
- Up to 10% travel as needed to attend business meetings and trade shows
Where you’ll work:
At our office in Santa Clara, CA or remotely from the US (no international candidates, please).
Travel: Up to 10% travel, as needed to attend business meetings and trade shows
Great compensation package plus extensive benefits, including:
- A relaxed and professional working culture
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and inclusion
- Remote office
- Flexible WFH schedule
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock options package
- Team outings and events
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive. Our core values represent who we are today and we take pride in the way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
We’re in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent, and flexible.
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT: APPLICANT NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: December 23, 2019
PayNearMe MT, Inc. and Handle Financial, Inc. (collectively, the “Company”) are providing you with this Notice (“Notice”) to inform you about:
1. the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects and maintains about applicants; and
2. the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with, a natural person that the Company may collect in connection with screening applicants for job openings at the Company.
- Identifiers and Professional or Employment-Related Information. The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, which may include some or all the following: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, language skills, and current and past employment history. The Company collects this Personal Information to evaluate previous job performance and consider applicants for positions, to develop a talent pool and plan for succession, to conduct applicant surveys, to maintain an internal applicant directory and for purposes of identification, to promote the Company as a place to work, and for workforce reporting and data analytics/trend analysis.
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). The Company may collect categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e), other than those already listed above, (a) to the extent necessary to comply with the Company’s legal obligations, such as to accommodate disabilities; (b) to conduct a direct threat analysis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law; (c) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; and (d) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law. The Company may collect information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. The Company collects this Personal Information for purposes including: to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation. The Company also collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Education Information. The Company collects education information such as resumes and graduation records. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine suitability for roles, to determine eligibility for training courses, and to assist with professional licensing.
- Profile Data. The Company may collect profile data, including the following: psychological assessments, behavior analyses, or other profiling of its applicants. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine aptitude for certain positions and job assignments as well.
- Background Screening Information. In the event that an applicant is given a formal job offer, the Company collects background screening information prior to hiring, including results of the following types of background screening: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history; employment history; drug testing; and educational history. The Company collects this Personal Information to screen for risks to the Company and its clients, and continued suitability for their jobs and to evaluate applicants for promotions.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please let us know if you need assistance.