PayNearMe, a service of Handle Financial, is the industry’s only platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments. With its great mobile experience, PayNearMe’s technology provides a simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive, consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the technology company that’s changing how payments are made.
PayNearMe is a small, diverse, and tight-knit company that loves to delight its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and practical product/service offerings. PayNearMe is a Silicon Valley technology company that’s in growth mode and looking to add a Product Marketing Manager to our team reporting to the VP, Marketing.
Who You Are:
You have a passion for business and technical storytelling and will play a key role in PayNearMe’s go-to-market strategy. You have the versatility to develop all forms of content to support the various stages of the buyer’s journey. You value all forms of research when forming an idea, from conducting primary interviews to digging through data and everything in between. You have thrived in previous B2B marketing roles and come from the technology, payments, finance or software industry.
You excel in fast-paced environments and are comfortable working independently as part of a geographically dispersed team.
What You’ll Do:
As a product marketing manager, you’ll work closely with the product, sales, and marketing teams to define and communicate the PayNearMe value proposition in clear and simple messaging. You know how to create content that addresses real business problems as well as drives positive brand perception, generates demand, achieves loyalty, and maximizes return on marketing investment.
You’ll take a proactive approach to evaluate customer needs and market trends, building messaging, campaign content and sales enablement material. You are creative with a bias towards execution and have knowledge of the B2B technical, operational and financial buyer.
This role provides a unique opportunity to develop and implement a vertically-focused content strategy for a Silicon Valley-based technology organization in growth mode and with tremendous market opportunity.
- Partner with product and sales to fully understand the buyer’s journey in target verticals and develop messaging to guide strategy and go-to-market efforts.
- Create relevant content for buyer roles, supporting all stages of the buyer’s journey and for consumption through various platforms, including, email, blogs, webinars, social media, website, and videos.
- Write detailed plans for new product and feature launches and manage the implementation of launch plans working closely with Sr. Manager, Marketing & Communications.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop enablement tools that all our team to close higher quality deals faster, including ROI calculators, presentations, demos, playbooks and more.
- Translate technical details into user benefits and sales training.
- Develop case studies and testimonials through both internal and customer interviews.
- Develop marketing assets to help our clients educate their customers on how to use our service
- Monitor market trends; use market research and competitive analysis to develop marketing strategies.
- Conduct and document win/loss analysis.
- Track and report on the effectiveness of content, refine it on an ongoing basis.
- 5+ years or equivalent B2B hands-on product marketing experience
- BA degree in Marketing or equivalent experience required
- Excellent skills in writing, editing, document finalization and the distribution of content.
- Knowledge of B2B customer buyer journey and how marketing influences different stages in the process
- Proven success working cross-functionally and closely with a product team
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, distributed, technology-focused organization
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Knowledge of the following tools a plus: Adobe Creative Suite, Web analytics, HubSpot or similar MAP
- Travel as needed to attend business meetings
Perks & Benefits:
- Location: Flexible (remote working opportunity available)
- Travel: Up to 10% anticipated
- Free gourmet lunches in our Santa Clara office
- A well-stocked kitchen in our Santa Clara office
- Company-paid health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Stock options package
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and inclusion
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental bonding leave
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT: APPLICANT NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: December 23, 2019
PayNearMe MT, Inc. and Handle Financial, Inc. (collectively, the “Company”) are providing you with this Notice (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects and maintains about applicants; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with, a natural person that the Company may collect in connection with screening applicants for job openings at the Company.
- Identifiers and Professional or Employment-Related Information. The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, which may include some or all the following: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, language skills, and current and past employment history. The Company collects this Personal Information to evaluate previous job performance and consider applicants for positions, to develop a talent pool and plan for succession, to conduct applicant surveys, to maintain an internal applicant directory and for purposes of identification, to promote the Company as a place to work, and for workforce reporting and data analytics/trend analysis.
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). The Company may collect categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e), other than those already listed above, (a) to the extent necessary to comply with the Company’s legal obligations, such as to accommodate disabilities; (b) to conduct a direct threat analysis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and state law; (c) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; and (d) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California or Federal Law. The Company may collect information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act. The Company collects this Personal Information for purposes including: to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation. The Company also collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Education Information. The Company collects education information such as resumes and graduation records. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine suitability for roles, to determine eligibility for training courses, and to assist with professional licensing.
- Profile Data. The Company may collect profile data, including the following: psychological assessments, behavior analyses, or other profiling of its applicants. The Company collects this Personal Information to determine aptitude for certain positions and job assignments as well.
- Background Screening Information. In the event that an applicant is given a formal job offer, the Company collects background screening information prior to hiring, including results of the following types of background screening: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history; employment history; drug testing; and educational history. The Company collects this Personal Information to screen for risks to the Company and its clients, and continued suitability for their jobs and to evaluate applicants for promotions.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please let us know if you need assistance.