Lender expands successful partnership with PayNearMe to deliver a seamless customer experience across all digital payment types and channels
SANTA CLARA, Calif., February 25, 2021 – PayNearMe, the modern and reliable payments experience platform known for making payments easy for both businesses and consumers, and OneMain Financial, the leader in offering nonprime customers responsible access to credit, are pleased to announce the expansion of their partnership to include all digital payment types and channels — cash, debit, ACH and mobile-first payment options including Apple Pay and Google Pay — all on a single payment platform.
OneMain Financial is successfully using PayNearMe’s innovative barcode payment technology and extensive retail network to digitize all cash payments and drive an enhanced experience for OneMain’s more than two million customers and thousands of employees. Following a rigorous evaluation process, OneMain selected PayNearMe for its industry-leading technology and strategic business expertise to manage the end-to-end customer payment experience across all digital payment types and channels.
“Payments are key to the consumer lending relationship as they are the most frequent customer touchpoint,” said Michael Kaplan, Chief Revenue Officer, PayNearMe. “We are thrilled to expand our relationship with OneMain Financial to enable greater self-service for their customers, while ensuring they can quickly and easily add new payment options as the industry evolves.”
PayNearMe enables OneMain Financial to:
- Accept all digital payment options with one platform – debit, ACH, cash and mobile-first payment methods including Apple Pay and Google Pay; flexibility to add future payment types and channels
- Increase self-service transactions with PayNearMe Smart Link™ technology, which delivers personalized payment flows that make mobile payments easy, reducing call center and in-person interactions
- Take advantage of the platform’s customizable, logic-based Business Rules to improve the customer experience and manage risk; no coding required
- Help internal team members manage collections, processing and settlement processes with ease through an intuitive Agent Interface
- Enjoy unrivaled reliability via a platform architected for zero downtime and weekly seamless product releases
- Collaborate with a fintech focused on payment experience management to keep up with the rapidly evolving industry
About OneMain Financial
OneMain Financial (NYSE: OMF) is the leader in offering nonprime customers responsible access to credit and is dedicated to improving the financial well-being of hard working Americans. We empower our customers to solve today’s problems and reach a better financial future through personalized solutions available online and in 1,400 locations across 44 states. OneMain is committed to making a positive impact on the people and the communities we serve. For additional information, please visit www.OneMainFinancial.com.
PayNearMe develops technology that drives better payment experiences for businesses and their customers. Our modern, flexible and reliable platform helps businesses increase customer engagement, improve operational efficiency and drive down the total cost of accepting payments. PayNearMe enables more ways to pay by offering major payment types and channels in a single platform.
PayNearMe today processes a variety of payment types including cards, ACH, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal and Venmo, and has enabled cash payments through our proprietary cash network since 2009. PayNearMe cash payments are accepted at more than 31,000 retail locations in the U.S. including participating 7-Eleven®, Walmart®, Family Dollar®, Casey’s General Stores®, and ACE Cash Express®, among others.
Thousands of businesses partner with PayNearMe to manage the end-to-end customer payment experience in industries such as Consumer Finance, Property Management, Insurance, Utility and Municipality, and iGaming and Sports Betting.
To learn more about PayNearMe, please visit www.paynearme.com. Follow PayNearMe on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. The PayNearMe service is operated by PayNearMe MT, Inc., a licensed money transmitter.